Ace Of Spades Review

artist: Motörhead date: 05/16/2005 category: compact discs
Motörhead: Ace Of Spades
Released: 1980
Genre: Rock
Styles: Speed Metal, Hard Rock, Thrash, Heavy Metal, British Metal, New Wave of British Heavy Metal
1980's Ace of Spades was the album that put Motorhead on the top of the heavy metal heap, albeit for a brief length of time.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Ace Of Spades Reviewed by: partyinmymind, on may 16, 2005

Sound: Motorhead were the pioneers of thrash/speed metal and this album, released in 1980, is that at it's very best. The sound here is top notch, especially considering the album is 25 years old. It's mixed damn near perfect and every song sounds great. // 10

Lyrics: Lemmy's trademark growl is in full force here, and, although he doesn't technically "sing," he kicks some serious ass and without him it just wouldn't be Motorhead. The lyrics are freakin awesome and flow perfectly with the music. // 10

Overall Impression: The most impressive songs on here would have to be the title track, "Shoot You In The Back," "(We Are) The Road Crew" and "Live To Win." But honestly, the album is one great song after another. This is arguably Motorhead's best album and is one of my personal favorites. If I ever lost it, you bet your ass I'd go get another one. If you like metal at all, and you don't own this album, then god have pity on your soul cause you dont know what your missing. // 10

Comments