Iron Fist Review

9.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Iron Fist Reviewed by: iommi600, on february 21, 2012

Sound: Fifth album by rock and roll legends Motrhead, released in 1982. Well, what can be said about a Motrhead album? What else can you expect, apart from some simple and well played rock and roll? Motrhead's lineup back then consisted of "Fast" Eddie Clarke on guitar, Lemmy on the bass and vocals and Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor on drums, and this is my favorite one. I gotta say, Lemmy's bass tone is just awesome. So powerful that it sounds like a guitar. Eddie's riffs are also great, and his solos are just a pure dose of rock and roll shot through your veins. Phil's drumming is also fast and really bada-s, really fits in Motrhead's sound. Really great album. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics on this album are Motrhead's standards: talking about woman, rock and roll and drinks. But there's also a few exceptions, like "Speedfreak", talking about Lemmy's true love for amphetamines back then, and "Loser", with Lemmy apparently bashing some of his enemies. And well, about his voice, it's just amazing. I've seen many people complain about it over the years, or complain about his lack of technical skills, but I really don't care. His voice is just 100% bada-s rock and roll. Just like Motrhead's sound. It fits like a damn glove. // 8

Overall Impression: Well, enough said. This album is really awesome. Another good proof of why Motrhead is one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time. I would say "Sex And Outrage" and "Speedfreak" are the best songs here, but honestly, if you just love some simple rock and roll, played wildly and energetically, this album does not let you down for a minute, just like all Motrhead's albums. I'm really proud to say I own this album, and if it gets lost or something one day, it is worth of buying again, for sure. // 9

Comments