Overkill review by Motörhead

• Released: Mar 24, 1979
Motörhead: Overkill

Nothing else I've ever heard before comes close to motorheads. Fast, almost "punkish" influences and (but very pale in comparison to their metal influences, which is just in-your-face obvious) "metalish" influences are used to make some kind of rock that no one else has done before. Or imitated for that matter. Hell even blues influnces can be heard on the slower ones (not that slow). In short, this album f--kin; rocks! And the guitar is awesome too!

The lyrics are simple and right to the point, mixing in perfectly with the music. Lemmy's voice is probably one of the most distinguable in the business, and it shows.

When I first heard the beginning drumroll for "Overkill" I was hooked instantly (even before my favorite line, only way to feel the noise is when its good and loud"). Every song is great and impresive in its own way. In my opinion this album ranks up with all the huge ones (Back In Black, Dark Side Of The Moon, Boston, The Black Album, etc). If it was stolen I'd buy two more just in case.

IrishBaron
    Best Motorhead album ever. Any review that gives this 10 is automatically a completely fair and just review, written by a fantastic writer.
    sumatrasavage
    Heard this album first time at the age of 17. Fell in love with Motorhead instantly and still it's my favourite band as I'm 43. I do not listen to a lot of other Heavy Rock music. Very distinct music, difficult to put into a niche. Delivers a lot of energy when You need it. Thanks Lemmy & Co.
    swave75
    Really is there a bad Motorhead album? The answer is no. They only review for any of their albums needs to say "Just buy this already..."