Overkill Review

Motörhead: Overkill
Release Date: Mar 24, 1979
Genre: Speed Metal, Hard Rock, Rock 'n' Roll
Label: Essential
"Overkill" can be pinpointed as the album that finally focused the Motorhead sound - part metal, part punk, and part good old rock & roll.
 9.8
 9.5
Overkill Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on november 24, 2005

Sound: This is the second album Motorhead released. Motorhead's music would be thrash metal. This is a great metal album. It has great sound. You got the cool drum intro in Overkill and you got great guitar riffs in songs like No Class, Damage Case, Metropolis and Limb From Limb. Lemmy Kilmister has tp be one of the greatest bassists of all time along with Cliff Burton, Steve Harris, Tom Araya and David Ellefson. He has a cool Bass too. // 10

Lyrics: I like Motorhead's lyrics. I like when Lemmy says in Overkill "Only Way To Feel The Noise Is When It's Good And Loud." Along being a great Bassist Lemmy Kilmister has great vocals also. I find his vocals very different from any other band that I listen to. // 10

Overall Impression: Motorhead has to be one of the loudest bands on Earth. The most impressive songs on the album are Overkill, Damage Case, No Class and Limb From Limb. I like this album. This is one of the best albums that Mototrhead ever recorded. If this album were stolen or lost I would buy it again. // 10

Overkill Reviewed by: Guitar_Pyro11, on march 01, 2006

Sound: Nothing else I've ever heard before comes close to motorheads. Fast, almost "punkish" influences and (but very pale in comparison to their metal influences, which is just in-your-face obvious) "metalish" influences are used to make some kind of rock that no one else has done before. Or imitated for that matter. Hell even blues influnces can be heard on the slower ones (not that slow). In short, this album f--kin; rocks! And the guitar is awesome too! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are simple and right to the point, mixing in perfectly with the music. Lemmy's voice is probably one of the most distinguable in the business, and it shows. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first heard the beginning drumroll for "Overkill" I was hooked instantly (even before my favorite line, only way to feel the noise is when its good and loud"). Every song is great and impresive in its own way. In my opinion this album ranks up with all the huge ones (Back In Black, Dark Side Of The Moon, Boston, The Black Album, etc). If it was stolen I'd buy two more just in case. // 10

Comments