Stage Fright [DVD] review by Motörhead

• Released: Jan 10, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Motörhead: Stage Fright [DVD]

Lemmy proves once again that he and his mates are the loudest, most racous rock and roll band in the world. They are just so bloody loud and so bloody vicious that it is all you will ever need to make yourself deaf. The band themselves are sounding better than ever, particularly guitarist Phil Campbell, who shows off his odd mix of Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden, Kirk Hammet of Metallica and The Edge from U2 to its fullest. Mickey Dee, the drummer is also on hot form.

Content — 10
This features a show from the 30th anniversary tour of 2005. The set list includes classics like "Ace Of Spades," "No Class," "Iron Fist" and of course, the mighty "Overkill" but it also contains newer and more obscure material such as "Dancing On Your Grave," "Killers," "R.A.M.O.N.E.S" and "In The Name Of Tragedy." Other songs in the set include "I Got Mine," "Just 'Cause You Got The Power. That Don't Mean You've Got The Right," "Whorehouse Blues," "Dr. Rock," "Metropolis," "Scarifice," "Going To Brazil," "Over The Top" and "Love Me Like A Raptile." This is a very satisfying set list with some awesome songs, including 2 classics from "Inferno." But I would have liked to have seen "Damage Case" or "Bomber."

Production Quality — 10
This is good althougn sometimes the drums are a little too quiet. There are some simple camera and light effects which are genrally pretty cool although not trendy because Motorhead are not trendy.

This is an awesome live DVD. One of the best that I own. "In The Name Of Tragedy," "Just 'Cause You Got The Power..." "Ace Of Spades" and "Overkill" are the best songs although the set is faultless. I love the very cool mix of older and newer songs, giving the set a good variety and clear distiction. I would buy this again a million times, it is just the best. If it were stolen I would make sure that I could have this DVD in prision with me because I would kill the thief till he was dead (slight mis-quote from "Killers"). It is just amazing, a must buy.

Scazzaman3000
    which show was it? was it a mixture of shows. I saw them live at Bristol Colston Hall. They were great. Very Loud.
    BullonParade
    this is a great dvd, i advise anyone out there to buy it. i saw them live after this dvd was recorded and its the same set list that they had on that night, so if i want to relive it i just watch that lol.
    Stop Messin'
    Motorhead are the ****in' kings of speed metal. I seen them live once and my ears were messed up for 5 days lol.
    maggotcorpse079
    haha when i read the caption right before you some into this article with the little headline under the picture i thought it said riffraf instead of riffage lol i know i'm dumb
    Skid61490
    Ah Motorhead. They were good and alweays will be in my opinion thats awesome i gotta get that dvd. Ace of Spades is on of my Fav.
    Stop Messin'
    ENDOFHEARTACHE wrote: motorhead is awesome....but i always wonder....whats that thing lemmys face?
    You mean things? Those are warts lol. Lemmy wouldn't be Lemmy without his warts. Believe me, those things are bigger than you actually think when you see them up close. Pictures do nothing.
    sumatrasavage
    Sazzaman, it was their show in the Phillipshalle, Duesseldorf, Germany in Dec. 2003, few days before the Tsunami hit Asia ( maybe the cause ?) - I remember it well as next day I had a several hour session at my dentist...
    I am the Drake
    I've had this DVD for about a year now and I'm very impressed with it. They sound great. I do think that Lemmy could do a little better though. But I'm not complaining. He did good. Very good set list. The little documentaries are very interesting. I love the whole concert with the commentaries. It's so funny!