The Best Of Motorhead [DVD] review by Motörhead

• Released: Apr 23, 2002
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Motörhead: The Best Of Motorhead [DVD]

The sound on the DVD was good. This is mainly because most of "live" videos were mimed anyway. All the mixes sounded good and as far as I could tell there werent any mistakes or faults.

Content — 8
The DVD is a best of collection of mostly the "classic" Motorhead songs (taken from the albums before Orgasmatron). There were a good number of songs but there were a few classics missing (most notably We Are The Road Crew and White Line Fever). The only extra was the video of "Killed By Death" which is a very good video but I personally don't know why it wasn't just put in the main bunch of songs instead of being a stand alone extra. Track list is as follows: 01. Ace Of Spades 02. Overkill 03. No Class 04. I Got Mine 05. Stay Clean 06. Iron Fist 07. The Chase Is Better Than The Catch 08. Dead Men Tell No Tales 09. Shine 10. Capricorn 11. Poison 12. One Track Mind 13. Motorhead 14. Bomber Bonus video: Killed By Death

Production Quality — 9
Like I said before all the mixes sounded good and as far as I could tell there weren't any mistakes or faults. The quality of the songs was good and the video quality wasn't bad especially on the newer tracks and Killed By Death.

My overall rating for this DVD is that it is an ok DVD. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't heard Motorhead before becuase it gives a good introduction to the band with what are there most classic songs. The most impressive thing on this DVD is the fantastic Killed By Death video. If it was stolen I would probably buy it again because it was fairly cheap (6).