Greatest Hits review by Mott The Hoople

• Released: Jan 1, 1976
  • Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Mott The Hoople: Greatest Hits

If you are an early 70s glam rock fan like myself, you will LOVE this album. Every single song has unique feelings but captures the magical rock n' roll energy of the era at the same time. The musical compositions are ingenious! Saturday Gigs, Hymn For The Dudes, All The Young Dudes, and Roll Away The Stone are probably some of the greatest songs I've ever heard in my life. The guitar tones are amazing, the piano parts are indescribable and the vocals are just fantastic. I give sound a 9.

Lyrics weren't the strongest, but the amazing musical talent on this album makes up for that. Some songs are better than others, there are some clever word plays here and there. Nothing you wouldn't find on any other rock n' roll record. Ian Hunter has an incredible voice though, its almost like a mix between Bob Dylan and David Bowie, in my opinion, that's what I hear. The lyrics fit the music very well I can say though, again, great feelings expressed through these songs. I give lyrics an 8 as there not ingenious and there not horrible.

For 100% sure one of my most favorite albums of all time. I believe this album came out in 1975 for future reference, correct me if I am wrong. There isn't anything I don't like about this album. If your a David Bowie fan, or a Queen fan etc, I STRONGLY recommend this album. Go buy it... it will change your life.