California review by Mr. Bungle

• Released: Jul 13, 1999
Mr. Bungle: California

Do you want something different? Something totally new? Something fun and creative? Get California. This album is wicked, cool and alot of fun. I can't really say what genre this really is. With Mike Patton in front California kicks off with Sweet Charity, a more normal song, with a california-ish sound. Very cool and smooth use of vocals. Then the real madness starts. None Of Them Knew They Were Robots is an amazing track with everything you need to smile and dance. The fun crazyiness is just really everywhere. It continues out the album with tracks like, Ars Moriendi, Air-Coniditioned Nightmare and Goodbye Sober Day. The fun craziness of bassist Trevor Dunn and singer Mike Patton is perfect for this album.

Listen to "Golem 2: The Binoic Vapor Boy" and listen to all the crazy stuff Mike Patton do with his voice. He is maybe the coolest and best voal genious in this century. So for the lyrics and singer skills I have two words: Mike Patton.

It doesn't compare to anything! Except the two first Mr. Bungle albums. The first album was fun and funky, the second was crazy and wierd and fun. And this last one is a perfect mix of them both. I was so sad when I heard this was Mr Bungles last album! Standout tracks for me are None Of Them Knew They Were Robots, Golem 2: The Bionic Vapor Boy and Goodbye Sober Day. Buy this now and be surprised. I think everyone can like this album. It's very easy to like, but if you listen to it alot, it really reveals for you!