Disco Volante review by Mr. Bungle

• Released: Oct 10, 1995
Mr. Bungle: Disco Volante

This album is freaky. It's the second Mr. Bungle album and definitely the wierdest. Read my California review afterwards for more Mr. Bungle. This album is so cool, it's wierd. At first I thought it sucked. Just a lot of funny noises and wierd melodies. Then I started to really listen to it and bang! I loved it. The first track isn't the best, it's ok. But then its Chemical Marriage! It's an awesome with the funkiest, grooviest melodies ever. We move on to Carry Stress In The Jaw, and here the madness reveals. In this extravaganza of sickness you can hear fucked melodise, wierd vocals and actually some nice metal riffs too. Then at 4:43, something happens! Grandpa Simpsons (from Simpsons) starts singing. It's my favourite part of the CD. The singing is hilarious. And God has showed himself as melodies in this song. And winner of wierdest song title is: Desert Search For Techno Allah. And thats what it is, its a f--ked song with some wierd techno riffs and some middle eastern stuff. Not the best but still awesome. Violenza Domestica is awesome. A pure awesome Mr Bungle song, with so many different styles, some metal, then it breaks into this italian style and its very fucked. After School Special sounds like a melancholic song, but the lyrics crack me up; "My mom is better than your mom and your dad too! She knows nutrition well bla bla bla." Again a quality song. I find it hard to explain this music, 'cause it's so awesome and special. Plegmatics is the next one, its part three in a triology of songs. It is again a very mix of styles. Thats what makes Mr. Bungle so good, they can mix styles and make it sound good. Now this is fun, Ma Meeshka Mow Skowz! A song with no real words. And very wierd vocals. Mike Patton has to be insane. Just listen to this song. Again excellent keyboard with excellent melodies. How do they do it? The album goes on into madness and everything and ends with Merry Go Bye Bye/Nothing. Which also is an excellent song.

The lyrics are either f--ked or damn hilarious, or just crap, like Ma Meeshka Mow Skowz! And they are delivered by a god, Mike Patton. Actually nothing more to say, just that Mike Patton does so much wierd with is voice, it's fun, hilarious and genious and all at once!

It does not compare to anything! Thats what makes it good! You have to give it a couple of spins at first, but then one day, you realise the excellence in this album. I just love it. The best songs has to be Carry Stress In The Jaw, Chemical Marriage, Ma Meeshka Mow Skows and Merry Go Bye Bye/Nothing. Go buy this shit now or die!

Repitition
    I just started listening to this album about 10 mins ago, I am only up to the 3rd song but it RULES so far.