Carnival Of Sins [DVD] review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Oct 25, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Mötley Crüe: Carnival Of Sins [DVD]

Motley Crue...Carnival of Sins...the fathers of 80's glam metal...a truely sinful experience to see them live. "Carnival of Sins" was the first live DVD I seen by Motley Crue. The band sounded really good and the music was really good as well. Some bands like to stay "true" to the studio sound when playing live and I think that limits how much you can change the song up, with Motley Crue, they choose to sound different live which really brings out how much a song can be changed. For "Carnival of Sins", the band really wanted to do a carnival/sinful experience for the fans and they got what they came for.

Content — 9
"Carnival of Sins" is full of great content music wise. It features some classic tracks by Motley Crue and the only band who can play them the best... Motley Crue. This DVD is your basic live DVD filmed in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The set list was very good considering almost 40 songs were played in one show. The band opened with the ultimate classic "Shout At The Devil" and ended with the Sex Pistols "Anarchy In The U.K.". Featuring classic tracks such as "Too Fast For Love", "Ten Seconds To Love", "Dr. Feelgood", "Girls, Girls, Girls", "Home Sweet Home", and "Kickstart My Heart". I was very satisfied with the set list that was featured on this DVD. The DVD featured some backstage scenes with some of the fans. It also featured setting the stage up for the show among other things.

Production Quality — 8
The production quality was really good compared to some other live DVDs that are released. There was a lot of pyro work (thanks to bassist Nikki Sixx) that went into the show. There was also very complicated stage work from the girls during the show which I will leave unmentioned and for you to figure out. Combining the lighting effects, pyro work, and other very creative work this is really a DVD not to be missed out on.

I can't judge how this DVD compares to other artists' because this is the only live DVD I've ever seen so I'll leave that for you to decide. To me, the most impressive thing on this DVD would have to be the pyro work and the fact that it's not the same sound as the album version of the songs. I love everything about this DVD and there is nothing to hate. I would suggest getting this for someone who is a true "Crue" head.