Motley Crue review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Mar 15, 1994
Mötley Crüe: Motley Crue

This is a very different Crue album. Don't expect to like it immediatly. It's a departure from their glam-metal sound, and works ok. Nikki Sixx's bass is very strong as are Mick Mars' and John Corabi's guitar's. But Tommy Lee's drumming is stronger than any of their previous records. While there are some softer songs (Loveshine, Misunderstood) the louder songs (Power To The Music, Hooligan's Holiday) stand out more. It's heavier that every other Crue material, but nontheless it's very good.

The lyrics don't fail to impress on this record. They're penned with Nikki Sixx (as usual), but John Corabi does some too. John's singing style is louder and grittier than Vince's, and bluesier too. It fits the songs well. Uncle Jack will freak most people out, it's nothing compared to Shout at the Devil's Bastard.

It's the 2nd best Crue album (only behind Dr. Feelgood). It will please many metal fans as well as the hardcore Crue fans as well. It's hard to find in retailers, so your best bet is off the internet or in a used record store. In short, it's an underrated Crue masterpiece. Check it out if your looking for something different than your usual Crue material or need a hard rock fix.

mrchilipepper79
    This album kicks ass. When it came out back in 1994, it wasn't well received by heavy metal fans. In spite of this, I remember when I purchased it the very day it came out, and I went back home to play it in my room, with my brother there. Wow! What the **** is this? My brother and I were amazed by Mick Mars' riffs in Power to the music. Then we heared the great Uncle Jack, and then their masterpiece on their whole Crue body of work Hooligan's Holiday. What the **** was that? It's a pitty this album was very underrated back in 1994 and the band replaced Corabi years later. I'm sure many of the true Crue fans feel this way. The band just didn't know the jewel Corabi was and they replaced him with the Crue's second best singer, Mr. Blondie-Tatoos-and-Tequila, who was good, but not as great as Corabi.
    AC/DC10
    i love this cd but it wasnt that hard for me to find. poison apples is another great song on this cd
    figerade
    John Corabi is a rare gem. This to me, is the best Motley Crue album besides S.O.L.A I wish we will see more from Corabi either solo or with someone else. He is a very under-rated artist.