Red, White And Crue review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Feb 1, 2005
Mötley Crüe: Red, White And Crue

Classic Motley Crue sound, big guitars, big drums, big bass. Mixing rock, hair metal, punk and metal with poppy bits. It's got attitude but it catchy and tasteful at the same time. Everything is done professionally, e.g. there's only a solo when it's needed. Everything comes in at the right time, no let downs in musicianship here, all perfectly placed for maximum effect.

Ok, well Vince's lyrics aren't to my taste at all. Mostly about girls and sex theres nothing remotely deep, emotional or touching about the lyrics until some of the later tracks (If I Die Tommorow, Home Sweet Home). But while the lyrics aren't really good they suit the music and Vince's singing skills are one of the best and his american cheesy voice suits the Motley Crue sound perfectly. His voice has certainly not deteriated.

This is the perfectly balanced motley crue collection containing all their best material over the years, no stand out tracks have been left out, everything you'd expect and want is on here. Comparing this to Van Halen's best of both worlds, motley win hands down. This is Van Halen 10, theres just no filler tracks here. Best tracks include Dr. Feelgood, Bitter Pill, Black Widow, Shout Att He Devil, If I Die Tommorrow and Kickstart My Heart. The only let down is the lyrics but they suit the music so it's not too much of an issue.