Red, White And Crue review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Feb 1, 2005
Mötley Crüe: Red, White And Crue

Motley Crue is an '80s hair band with a hard rock sound that could be found on the famous Sunset Strip. Vince Neil, the lead singer, can be described(by a friend) as a hard-rockin' surfer dude with a gnarly high-pitched yowl. His vocals are usually very high. The drummer Tommy Lee plays very upbeat rythms using plenty of cow bell(for those of you that have a fever). The bass lines by Nikki Sixx suffice for '80s metal but show their true colors in small fills when the guitar isn't playing. Mick Mars plays riffs and solos with fewer chords and more licks. They can be described as common '80s hair band licks. I use this description very lightly as he plays with a style of his own and that is the closest description of it. Most of the songs in the second disc were recorded with John Corabi who replaced Vince Neil when he left the band. The second CD, consisting of their more modern tunes, is a perfect example of how Motley Crue has adapted to the changing sounds of rock. Overall, Motley Crue is the symbol for '80s hair bands. Red, White, and Crue is a two CD compilation of some of the Crue's best and most memorable songs.

The lyrics are very catchy and easily understood, while not as easily sang. They are mostly very shallow and tell stories and anthems, bringing us back to the days when rock was about the good things in life. The lyrics are only deep in a few songs such as "You're all I Need" and "Without You." Motley Crue sings songs about girls, drugs, sexuality, money, cars, murder, and crime.

Overall, I think that it is the best music you can buy if you are a Crue fan. The lyrics are very catchy and unforgettable. I also think that it is the best to buy if you've never heard them or are just getting into them.It shows a perfect aspect of where the band came from, where they are today, and exactly how they got there. CD one is reminiscent of the old Motley Crue with some their best and most famous songs. CD two has all the proof of Motley Crue's adaptive ways with many of their newer songs. There is plenty to love about this set, and very little to hate about it. Being a big fan of Motley Crue myself, this is the most prized of all my music possesions. If I had lost it, I could not go on without replacing it. Definitely the best of Crue.