Saints Of Los Angeles review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Jun 24, 2008
Mötley Crüe: Saints Of Los Angeles

This just came out today, and I knew I had to be the first to review it. So here goes. It's Motley Crue, They inspired many to Smoke in the Boy's Room, made a deal with Dr. Feelgood, and felt they needed to kickstart their career after their most recent album. So they came up with "Saints of Los Angeles", which hit home sweet home (All these song references are coincidental). You've most likely already heard they're first single "Saints Of Los Angeles", or maybe "Down at the Whiskey". But you can tell that those tracks were the more represetive tracks on the album, it seemed that they paid a little bit more attention to those than the others, but they're still good. The sound is a bit more punky than before. The second track on the record, (the first actual song), "Face Down In The Dirt", sounds very punk influenced from Tommy Lee's drumming, but still a great track. The sound is very far from their '80s hits. It's tuned down a bit, maybe a genre change? You can decide that. I prefer Dr. Feelgood, but overall a really good sound from these guys on this one.

Vince Neil's voice will never fade away. He still sounds the same as when he did when we first heard him. The lyrics are quite entertaining to be honest. It's raw, like their earlier work, but a bit more matured. Don't ask me how they pulled that off, just enjoy the music. The lyrics are fun because it tells the story of how these guys came up (so do most of their other albums, but there's always something different). They managed to write some really cool lyrics. This album won't disapoint you.

Give this album some time, let it sink in. It's a great album. So it's no Dr. Feelgood, or Theatre of Pain, or whatever else you like from them, but it's the Crue, it's Saints of Los Angeles, and it came out before Chinese Democracy, so go buy it and support one of the coolest and most influential bands of the '80s. Every track stands out for how it sounds different, the lyrics are in your face, but chilled out, a really cool combination to listen to from these guys. Though I will say I was a bit disapointed to not really hear that many solos from Mick Mars, he still provides great rythm and catchy riffs in a lot of the songs. I would definitally buy this album again if something happened to it. It also provides a schedule for Crue Fest, and comes with a free poster inside. Add this to your collection of kick-ass CD's that you have goin on. Get off UG, get to your local music store, and pick this thing up.