Saints Of Los Angeles review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Jun 24, 2008
Mötley Crüe: Saints Of Los Angeles

The original members of Motley Crue are back and sound just as good as ever in their first album of all original material in a decade. The idea behind "Saints Of Los Angeles" is that the songs are about stories told in their biography "The Dirt". So, although it's not a must to have read the book, it helps a little when it comes to certain songs. Also, the styles used on the album are taken from all different parts of the career. Some songs sound like they could come off of "Shout At The Devil" while others may belong on "Generation Swine", but no songs are really repeats of past songs.

All Motley Crue fans know that Nikki Sixx is a master song writer and he continues to shine on this album. Although some lyrics are kind of cheesy (such as "Down At The Whisky") they all fit with the music well enough so nothing really seems out of place. Vince Neil sounded good on this album, but knowing he hasn't been that good live recently loses some points for him.

As I had said before, the album takes styles from all albums throughout the Crue's past, but never really repeat a song in particular. Some of the highlight's include "Saints Of Los Angeles", "Mutherf--ker Of The Year", "Welcome to the Machine", "Just Another Psycho", and "Goin' Out Swingin'". The song that I didn't absolutely enjoy was "White Trash Circus". I don't hate it, but it's my least favorite from the album. It's a decent song, but not their best.