Shout at the Devil review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Sep 26, 1983
Mötley Crüe: Shout at the Devil

For sure their most, raw and heavy album. Title track Shout At The Devil blew everyone away in '83. The riff's of Red Hot went well with Tommys amazing ability to stomp those double-kickers. Knock'Em Dead (Kid) was a really heavy almost punk colliding with metal ballad that anyone can enjoy. Vince was always on top with lyrics and sounding great. Bastard was excellent, great guitar line. Ten Seconds To Love also had a punkish riff to it. Overall I listend to everysingle song and I never skipped on song. Like most Motley albums, it was killer and had lots of energy.

Vince sang great. The lyrics were brilliant. For example "Bastard: Out go the lights, in goes my knife, pull out his life, consider that bastard dead." Knock'Em Dead kid wasn't as creative but it was still some heavy stuff: In the heat of the night, you went and blackend my eyes, well not I'm back I'm back I'm back and I'm coming your way, well now I'm super charged, might just explode in your face, and I'm primed for hate. Or Red Hot: Fight for the black shark, see what evil brings, cant you see were out for blood, love from a shotgun, license to killer, can't you see were out for blood, the kid screams in fright through the night, loving everybite with delight, and we blow out our minds with your truth, together we stand for the youth.

Very dark heavy album. They never they were satanic so don't post saying "why does it say shout at the devil there not satanic I'm a f--king idiot." Of course it's not satanic it says Shout At The Devil, not with. But anyway buy this album you won't be dissapointed. The Crue still rocks, they are coming out with a new album with tons of new songs. Other good albums: Too Fast For Love, Theatre Of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls, Dr. Feelgood, Decade Of Decadence, Motley Crue '94 (John Corabi singing), Generation Swine (some songs aren't old style of crue but after 20 years what do expect?), Entertainment Or Death (live greatest hits [Killer album]). Wait for the next album to come out if you've heard these.