Too Fast For Love review by Mötley Crüe

• Released: Jan 1, 1981
Mötley Crüe: Too Fast For Love

Motley Crue welcomes themselves to the hard rock music scene with their debut album, "Too Fast For Love". The infinite knowledge and musical skills that is filled throughout the universe gifted this entire group with some of it's power of the cosmos. The entire band shows their worth with amazing guitar work, unique and flawless lead vocals, great sounding backup vocals, and a spectacular percussion performance. The entire world is introduced to the band with the hit, "Live Wire". The talent pours from the record straight to your brain with a mixture of science, magic, and just pure greatness. "Come On And Dance" takes the sound of the album to the heavier, darker sides of the highway that is Motley Crue, but you don't go too far into the dark side; you can still hear Motley Crue's influence soaked all over the track. The sound of "Live Wire" comes back with "Public Enemy #1", however this time the sound is a little lighter and the tempo has dropped significantly to a nice, hard rocker. "Merry-Go-Round" takes the tempo much slower, but is still easy to jam to with it's tempo changes and fluxuating guitar distortion levels. "Take Me To The Top" brings back a sound and tempo that is very similar to "Live Wire", and is an instant hit in my opinion. We hear more of what would be a future, signature Motley Crue sound with haunting guitar effects, Vince Neil's signature high-pitched primal screaming, and flawless tempo changes. This sound carries over to the next track, "Piece Of Your Action", which is another personal favorite of mine. Vince Neil's vocal abilities are truly shown with this song, as he changes his vocal pitch from high to low as if it's just too easy. "Starry Eyes" is a truly amazing song, as is a song not widely known by many Crue fans. If this song is like any other on this album, it is most like "Merry-Go-Round", except I enjoy this song much more. The drum beat alone gets your foot tapping to the song whenever you listen to it. "Too Fast For Love", arguably the best song on the album, is another all-time favorite of mine, as we have that great catchy guitar playing, a rocking drum beat, and of course, Vince Neil's amazing vocals. The original version of the album ends with "On With The Show", which has an incredible resemblence to "Merry-Go-Round", but changes to an upbeat rocker as you continue on with the song. This song is the perfect way to end the album. There was a deluxe edition released many years later, with a few great unreleased tracks. The first one of these unreleased tracks it "Toast Of The Town", which is a wonderful Motley Crue sounding song, and really belonged on the original release of this album. The next great unreleased song is "Tonight", which is a remake of the song performed by The Cranberries. I really love what Motley Crue did with this song, as they added their own style to a classic song and made it sound like their own. This song is one of my favorites of the album, but then again, I have many favorites off this album as well! Also included on the deluxe edition is an alternative version of "Piece Of Your Action", which has a different intro to the song. This is a neat song to have on the deluxe edition, and I personally really enjoy it. Lastly there is another unreleased track, "Stick To Your Guns", which once again captures that great, signature Motley Crue style sound. This song sounds most like "Come On And Dance", but is really just another amazing song from the Crue! Motley Crue introduces themselves to the music world in amazing fashion with this album, and is one of my favorite rock albums of all time.

The lyrics on this album work perfectly with the music. There are no lyrics on this album that make you think, "Did they just get bored and put these lyrics on here as a laugh?". However, I think even if there were, Vince Neil would be able to pull them off flawlessly, as he does this with every song on the album. His vocal skills are unquestionably amazing, and they help put him on my list of favorite rock singers of all time.

"Too Fast For Love" is Motley Crue's debut album, and is easily one of the best albums I've ever heard from start to finish. Everything about this album is great: The overall sound of their songs are unique, signature, and just plain amazing. Each and every one of the band members is extremely talented, and no member of the band is overshadowed by another. In my opinion, each song on this album is an instant classic, but the most impressive songs on this album have to be: 1. Too Fast For Love 2. Piece Of Your Action 3. Starry Eyes 4. Live Wire 5. Tonight I love everything about this album. Even the tracks are listed perfectly, which is essential for making an album that is fun to listen to from start to end. You cannot find yourself skipping over songs to find one or two that are good on this album, because each and every song on this album is just great. If this album were stolen, I would give the thief a "Piece Of MY Action"! Motley Crue introduces themselves to the world of music with perfection, and this album helps make them one of my favorite bands of all time.