L.D. 50 review by Mudvayne

• Released: Nov 27, 2000
Mudvayne: L.D. 50

The sound in this album is incredible, some of the best bass and drums out there, along with pounding guitar and heavy lyrics. Ryknow, Mudvayne's bassist, plays some of the most insane stuff I've ever heard in an album, constantly popping, sliding and playing notes all over the fretboard along with drumming from one of the best drummers out there. As far as the guitar goes, it really isn't anything that special although it still sounds great especially when mixed with all other sounds from the band members and he does have his own unique sound in his riffs. And if you like bands similar to Slipknot you are bound to like the sound of Kud as he goes from great singing to full out screaming in a second flat. Overall the sound is great but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who does not appreciate heavy music.

The lyrics are overall okay, although most songs could have more meaning. Kud really emphasizes his feeling through his music and often a strong sense of anger and frustration can be felt through the lyrics as well as powerful messages. From the depressing feel of -1, to the meaningful Death Blooms, overall the lyrics are pretty good.

Overall L.D.50 was a great album, and to me was the best of all 3 releases made by Mudvayne so far. The sound is great and the lyrics are good, this album is definitly worth buying and I would definitely recommend it to a fellow metal fan.