Lost And Found review by Mudvayne

• Released: Apr 12, 2005
Mudvayne: Lost And Found

Are they nu-metal? Aren't they nu-metal? I don't care, because this sounds great. The crunching guitars and melodic vocals make this an album worth remembering even if from a genre worth forgetting. Just listen to the single 'Happy,' perfect combination of aggressive screams and haunting melodic vocals. Granted, one or two songs stick out like sore thumbs on an album packed great metal, such as 'TV Radio' and 'Choices,' but push those aside and your left with a beautiful collection of aggressive monstrous metal.

These on the other hand I am not so sure about. Although the lyrics are delivered perfectly and Chad Gray's vocal chords sound like they are ready to give way at any second, the lyrics themselves may lack a certain substance. This is a flaw shared by a string of metal bands dating back as long as I can remember and may be the bands only restraint. If there's one thing that makes this album 'good' rather than 'great' it's the lyrics.

Most of the tracks on this album are very good, one or two are terrible, and a couple are great. Every track is really put to shame by the single 'Happy,' but by no means does that make them bad. It is very easy to dismiss a band because of the genre they have been clumped into, and I don't even know if I would call Mudvayne nu-metal anyway. The point is that this has band has a brilliantly heavy metallic bone crunching sound, and a singer that does the heavy riffing justice.