Lost And Found review by Mudvayne

• Released: Apr 12, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Mudvayne: Lost And Found

I had a lot of hopes for this band before hearing this CD, but sadly, I was let down. I know they were trying to constantly evolve and change their sound, however I feel like they strayed too far from the things that made LD 50 a breakthrough. It was the same Mudvayne we heard on The End of All Things to Come, semi-catchy guitar and great drumming. However, it was missing many key points in my opinion.

The lyrics, while some are meaningful and moderately insightful, the majority are boring. They tie in with the music pretty well in my opinion, but that is only half of the battle. Chad Gray, lead singer of Mudvayne, was still impressive, however not to the extent he was in the past. They simply didn't keep me interested, save a few songs like "Happy" and "IMN."

Compared to the last two offerings, this album simply didn't compare. I would have liked to have heard Ryan Martinie (bass) a lot more. That was one of the aspects of LD 50 I absolutely adored. He is an incredible player and I don't think he honestly gets the attention he deserves on this record. In my opinion, it isn't really worth while, but I have heard people say they liked it a lot. But this is only my two cents. And if it were stolen or lost, I don't think I would buy it again. Frankly, I'm thinking about getting rid of it.