Lost And Found review by Mudvayne

• Released: Apr 12, 2005
Mudvayne: Lost And Found

First of all I'd like to say that Mudvayne has always had their own unique sound and this album is no different. To simply put it - Lost And Found is the perfect combination of LD 50's rawness and The End Of All Things To Come's melodicism. This outing shows how the band has found their true sound and shows that they are proud of it.

The lyrics on this album are more personal it seems. Ranging from songs like "Happy?" where Chad (singer) is trying to find himself again to songs like "Pushing Through" where he is overcoming obstacles. This album is far different than "The End Of All Things To Come" lyric-wise which is a good thing in my opinion.

To me, this is the best Mudvayne outing simply because they have evolved as a band so gracefully and have found their true sound. Listening to this album is like listening to the real Mudvayne. Instead of naming the best songs I'll rate each song individually: 01. Fucking Determined - 4/5. Good song, more or less the classic Mudvayne. 02. Pushing Through - 5/5. My personal favorite. The guitar work is awesome. 03. Happy? - 5/5. First single and a wise choice at that. Solid lyrics and instruments. 04. Imn - 4/5. This song didn't appeal to me at first, but it's growing on me. 05. Fall Into Sleep - 5/5. Awesome lyrics and instrument work. 06. Rain. Sun. Gone - 4/5. Could have been worked on and improved, but still good overall. 07. Choices - 5/5. Awesome song. From beginning to end this is one of the best. 08. Forget To Remember - 5/5. My second favorite song. Good guitar work. 09. TV Radio - 4/5. A little "mainstream" sounding, but it's very catchy. 10. Just - 4/5. Good instrumental work on this song. 11. All That You Are - 5/5. My 3rd favorite song. Awesome song. 12. Pulling The String - 4/5. Not my favorite, but it's still good overall. Overall this album is their best outing in my opinion and I recommend it to anyone who is a Mudvayne fan. They are proving to be one of the best nu-metal band's present.