Lost And Found review by Mudvayne

• Released: Apr 12, 2005
Mudvayne: Lost And Found

You may know this already if you are a Mudvayne fan, but the drummer describes their music as math metal, and you can see why when you listen. They use odd time meters, but they make it sound great. Overall I would say the sound of this album is incredible. The guitar riffs in this album are awesome. It feels like the guitar riffs could just rip through you. The drumming is really great. Everyone knows when you hear a good drummer, because the beats are just really catchy and he's just got rhythm in him. I really like the drumming in Forget To Remember. I like the short little drum rolls on the snare. The bass lines are great too. Usually you cant really hear the bass in many bands, but the bass in this is great. You can really hear it (although some of that reason could be because I have sub-woofers hooked up to my computer). You can really hear the bass in Happy? Mudvayne is really good at making guitar, bass, drums, and great vocals fit perfectly into one.

The lyrics are very powerful and fit the music perfectly. Chad Grey has, in my opinion, one of the best metal voices. He can use a soft voice for the slower/less loud part of songs, then he can use yell his lungs out, and make it sound great. There's always those bands that have a lead singer who can sing perfectly to fit their music. Metallica, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Slipknot, and of course Mudvayne.

Overall this is their best album, besides L.D.50, which kicks ass by the way. I think Mudvayne is in the top of their class in nu-metal. The best songs on this album are F--king Determined, Happy?, Fall Into Sleep, Choices, and Forget To Remember. All of which, except Choices, you've have probably heard on the radio. I love this album, because I think every member of Mudvayne is very talented. I especially like Matthew McDonough, the drummer. I think he is one of the best drummers of today. He's up with the best. Lars Ulrich, Joey Jordison, etc. I don't know what I would do without this cd. If your a metal fan then you should definitely get this album. I can guarentee that you will listen to the CD over and over, until you memorize it all.