The Beginning Of All Things To End Review

Mudvayne: The Beginning Of All Things To End
Release Date: Nov 20, 2001
Label: Sony
Genres: Post-Grunge, Alternative Metal
Mudvayne re-released their original independent EP, Kill, I Oughtta, along with live tracks and remixes in the winter of 2001 as The Beginning Of All Things To End.
 8.2
 8.3
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
The Beginning Of All Things To End Reviewed by: supreemo, on march 16, 2006

Sound: This CD may be looked upon by some as a step down for mudvayne but actually it was a major turning point in their career. This CD was released after L.D. 50 but the material was recorded years ealier. The first song "Poop Loser" is a very creepy song and I believe expresses chads rage to his father. There is no music and only one line of vocals that keeps repeating, every time getting more angrier. Then we have the first song "Seed" which I believe is the best song, the guitar on this album sounds kinda flat and not as strong as in L.D. 50, but then of coarse they probably had a bigger budget for that album. "Seed" is everything classic Mudvayne is, heavy, brutal, and a headbangers dream. "Cultivate" is a good heavy song but not as potentially great as "Seed." "Some Assembly Required" is a good song, heavy and a sweet headbanger song, now "I.D.I.O.T." is Mudvayne goes wrong. The opening is awesome but the entire song is just a mess. "Central Disposal" is my second favorite song. It's not very good quality though and you can tell that it was recorded live but even still it is a sweet Mudvayne classic. The double vocals is a really cool addition. "Coal" is the last good song on the CD. "Fear" is a song that some people like but personally I find it repetative and boring. I hate remixes of my favorite songs by people and these are just some more bad ones to add to the list. "Dig (Future Evolution Remix)," I haven't listened to this song enough to be able to say anything about it so ya. "Dig (Everything And Nothing Remix)" actually same with this one. "L.D. 50" is just like 10 minutes of noise. Garbage. Except for the last 3 "songs" The Beginning Of All Things To End is only for die-hard Mudvayne fans who just want a little extra. // 8

Lyrics: "L.D. 50" lyrics were amazing, just read "Death Blooms" and you'll know. But this CD isn't so great. The worst lyrics are in "Fear." But my favorite lyrics is the one line from "Poop Loser" - "You're a mutherf--kin peice of shit, and you'll never amount to nothing," repeated over and over again sends a clear message. Other than that, nothing else to say, mediocre lyrics from chad grey. // 7

Overall Impression: Since I'm a die hard Mudvayner I like this CD. The best songs are "Poop Loser," "Seed," "Some Assembly Required," "Central Disposal" and "Coal." If you are new to Mudvayne, get "L.D. 50" or "Lost And Found," only get this CD if you really love Mudvayne. // 9

Comments