The End Of All Things To Come review by Mudvayne

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
Mudvayne: The End Of All Things To Come

Much like all nu-metal albums, this is very unique. When I first saw the video for Dig, I thought Mudvayne was just some Slipknot wannabe's. Dig really does not show what this band is made of. The bass all throughout this album is very nice, and so are the drums. The guitar is typical nu-metal pinch harmonics, but there is enough of them to get by. There is also some unique and strange sounding riffs, which makes you forget about its simplicity. I would have preferred some longer songs, but it was very well done. Everything works so nicely, you would really have to listen to it to understand what I mean. This is a good sounding album, but not quite as innovative as LD 50.

Chad Gray is a very interesting character. His lyrics are very angst-driven and thought provoking. Being an optimist, it is hard to agree with a lot of his views and beliefs. Many of the songs are so bittersweet because of this. He fills you up with a sense of hopelessness, like he has given up on humanity. Some songs have somewhat positive lyrics, but still have that nagging depression hidden behind all of it. It really draws me to this album, as I find different outlooks on the world to be very interesting. Chad Gray has an incredible singing voice, and a decent screaming voice. Chances are, you will know what band is playing just by hearing Chad's vocals. He doesn't seem to scream because he believes it sounds good like most Metalcore bands do, but he screams because he is actually angry, and his emotions are expressed clearly throughout this album.

I enjoy this album a lot. I just got it a couple of days ago and I have not stopped listening to it yet. I really like "Not Falling," "A World So Cold," "Mercy, Severity," "(Per)Version Of A Truth" and "Silenced." Some songs are a little boring, but not too bad. The positives outweigh the negatives by far. I would burn another one if it was lost or stolen, possibly even buy it if I had the money. If you like Nu-Metal and don't mind screaming vocals, get this album, or get LD 50. It is worth it.

Mudpayne
    Mudvayne are ****ing awsome. i love this band so much. i thnk LD.50 is a fantastic album. but i cant compare between end of all things to come and LD.50 i love the riffs the bass the drumming the vocals. god this band rocks. SKYRING is an amazing song. so diferent to bands all over the world. every song keeps me satisfied and to tell the truth. the vocals make sense to me. its brilliant. Mudvayne Rule!!!! and you know it mother ****ers
    Mudvayne_LP
    silenced is my anthem. love it. MIDDLE FINGER IS THE FLAG THAT I WAVE WHEN IM SILENCED!!