The End Of All Things To Come review by Mudvayne

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
Mudvayne: The End Of All Things To Come

More math metal, but not quite as experimental as their other CDs. At first I regret buying this, after a few days things changed. This CD is terribly catchy, and I love it. Their double bass drums which is nice, not so much in the way of bass guitar (in comparison to LD-50, or even Lost And Found). It's metal, but a bit lighter/crappier sounding than lost and found (even though I like this more), some songs seem a bit more thrash, silenced and trapped in the wake of a dream, and the recording seems a bit off.

Lyrics are typical great mudvayne lyrics, with some sweet weird alien crap in it (Mercy Severity), and some odd religious stuff (Not So Great, Solv Et Cogula). (Per)version of the truth is the best song lyrically, followed by not falling. Chad's singing is good, though below LD-50 and lost and found. the worst singing/lyrics are end of all things to come and trapped in the wake of a dream (skrying also sucks, but 3 minutes through there's a really cool part, and end of all things to come is good just because it's so in your face, same with silenced).

Worth buying, but below their other albums (beyond any korn or slipknot though). Best songs are tracks 3-6 (not falling, perversion of the truth, mercy severity and world so cold) I love everything about tracks 3-6, I don't like the recording/some of the lyrics and the singing. On The Move Is The Shit, it's a bonus track with horrible horrible recording (I think it's live/studio live), it's got a great beat (sounds like a part of mercy severity), and I love its intro.