The New Game review by Mudvayne

• Released: Nov 18, 2008
Mudvayne: The New Game

I just bought the album today on 12-6-08 and I disagree with most reviews I happen to think the album is great I Will Review the album as I listen again. Ryan Martinie Bass Shines Again on there newest album. There are some guitar solos and the drumming is precise, the vocals are once again very well done. While this album takes a weird step from there last album like on the song Never Enough it sounds strange but still I like the variety that this album delivers. I Enjoy the heavy use of clean electric and acoustic guitars such as the intro to Scarlett Letters which is also a strange song and it is a lot different to the track before it The Hate In Me. I enjoyed this albums variety it can be either Heavy and angry or slower and just downright sad. The Only reason Why People hate on this album is becuase it's not Complex that's just my opinion.

I should not have to explain Chad's vocals very much its still the same, clean singing to heavy growls. The Lyrics are sometimes odd such as in Have It Your Way here is a weird part of that song. "How were you feelin' with another couple thousand dead Or were you lyin'? Just playin' games Placing your bets, Russian roulette" Yet some lyrics are still desirable like on Do What You Do. "Just do what you do, what you do, what you did to me. Now I'm stuck in between a rock and nowhere, With nothing With no one Just do what you do, what you do, what you've done to me. Draw the chalk line around the scene, it's over, Now it's all over."

This album somewhat compares to Lost and Found but at the same time is very different And I Like it very much. We Can all agree that L.D. 50 was the best Mudvayne album but hell I'm a fan and pretty much everything they have done has satisfied me. I recommend the following tracks: Do What You Do Fish Out Of Water Scarlett Letters Dull Boy Never Enough If This album was ever misplaced Then I would definitely buy it again. But I would not buy just this album I would also pick up By The People, For The People. Ok So for the good things, good vocals, Awesome bass, and decent guitar and drum work. For the bad: I disliked some of the lyrics.

Twitchy52
    Mudvayne is one of my favorite bands mainly because of Ryan Martinie. As a bass player I always wanted to plays metal, but something a little different. When I found Martinie, it was exactly what I was looking for. I know The New Game isn't like the rest of their stuff, but I must say I really do love it. Do What You Do and Dull Boy are amazing songs and I still think Martinie delivers on the bass lines.
    Twitchy52
    I don't know about them being under math metal though. When I think math, I think Between the Buried and Me. But probably because the vocals are so different. From what I know most mathcore bands have vocal tracks similar to BBM.