The New Game review by Mudvayne

• Released: Nov 18, 2008
Mudvayne: The New Game

Latest album released by Mudvayne, on November 18th, 2008. This album has more heavy characteristics, along with the feel of old school rock n' roll. Along with the great style of songs, it has really good hooks to catch on to someones ears then pull them in to listenin to it. To me, the sound is a little more warmer, then in their previous album, Lost and Found. Which i think adds to improvement from that last album. On bass, Ryan Martinie's sound shines through clearly, which adds the clarity to songs. I really like how he adds melody to his playing. Great work. Guitar by Greg Tribbett, in my opinion, a vast improvement from previous albums. His sound shiimers into the songs, which makes the sound blister your skin. His solo in do what you do, adds to the song making it enjoyable for all, which there has only ever been 2 in any Mudvayne songs, which i think he should incorparate more. Its great to see his added some acoustic into this new album as well. Matthew McDonough on drums dominates the tailbones on each song. His bass lines and skill are so immense. His a very versatile drummer, and a valued member of the band. The songs on of their albums wouldnt be the same if he wasnt there. And finally Chad Gray, on vocals.. His vocals havent changed to much, he still used the mixed growls and clean tones. I wont go on for to much about his lyrics, as i will in the next column. Chad has changed his styling and image over previous albums, which i think is needed if you want to move on throughout years.

I was very impressed with the quality of the song lyrics, as well as how they've been set out by songwriter, Chad. The words mixes into the backing sound by the instruments perfectly, making their songs quiet enjoyable. I would include lyrics, but I'm sure you can do it without my help. Otherwise the songs have less profanity then in previous albums, even though I still got a warning sticker on my cd, and have heard a bit of swearing, I'm sure your parents wont bother to much.. I think that wraps it up, it makes it a bit hard to discuss if you haven't checked their songs out yet, so have a listen and see if you like it.

From the album, my absolute favourite is Do It For Me Now, I feel I've heard it before for some reason, but it's still a very enjoyable song to listen to, as is any song from their albums for that reason. If you can't stand any growls or screaming, you might not like this album much, but it is something to check out, as it's a worthwhile album to get in my opinion. All up I recommend this album to anyone with good music taste. Stolen.. I have all songs on my ipod, and if they mysteriously vanished, I'd definately purchase this album again. Check it out.