Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls review by Murderdolls

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
Murderdolls: Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls

Even though Murderdolls is a side-project, it is one of the best bands I have ever heard. Created by Joey Jordison, the (then ex) Slipknot drummer, Murderdolls have a very guitar dependant sound. There are some great solos here from Joey, and the vocals, provided by Wednesday 13 are venomous to say the least. This man can scream anything and make it convincing. The drums are not quite so spectacular as they could have been if it was Jordison who was playing them, but if I were to measure a band in terms of that, no band would be quite good enough.

The lyrics are ok, but not anything too special or groundbreaking. Wednesday 13 provides the lead vocals, with Joey and Tripp backing. There is quite a lot of variation-on-a-theme style lyrics in some of the songs. A good example is White Wedding. A fantastic song in it's own right, but some of the quieter parts such as "Hey, little sister, who's the only one, Hey little sister, who's your superman?" The songs don't suffer too much with this, but it's enough for them to just miss out on full marks.

When I put this album into my CD player I was blown away. The guitars, the drums, the vocals, the hate, the venom: it's all very powerful and makes for irresistable listening. My favourite songs on the album are "People Hate Me (I'm perfect, Pissed Off, Beautiful, I'm God", "White Wedding" and "Dressed to Depress". If this album was stolen I would definatly go out and buy it again. Either that or find the c**t who stole it/lost it and destroy him.