Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls review by Murderdolls

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
Murderdolls: Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls

Murderdolls. Well the sound is hard to describe. It's basically metal-glam-punk rock-metal. That's it in a nutshell. The weird thing is there's only two people that recorded this album. Joey Jordison and Wednesday 13. Joey plays everything and Wednesday sings. If you don't understand how that works go ask someone. Joey's skills are amazing and Wednesday's voice is a perfect fit. The way he sings the songs just brings more of a uniqueness I guess you could say. Tripp Eisen who is now sadly, part of Static-X and no longer with Murderdolls plays some really good glam solos on here such as in Dead in Hollywood and none others come to mind, and Joey has some melodic solos that just go great with the songs like in Dawn of the Dead, he plays the solo and it's just really good sounding.

Wednesday's voice is just mind blowing. It's got a punk-metal sound sorta. The lyrics are pretty good, fairly well put together although in some songs not too impressive such as Dead In Hollywood and Dawn Of The Dead even though they're both fantastic songs. The lyrics and the music are just one big happy family. They just work. No other way to put it. And when Wednesday's vocals come into the mix the whole theme of this album really comes together.

This I can honestly say does not compare to any other album or artists. There really isn't any other band like the Murderdolls. I think I might have heard some songs that may sound similar to their sound but can't quite put my finger on it. Some of the best songs on this CD would have to be Dawn of the Dead, Slit My Wrist, People Hate Me, White Wedding (Billy Idol cover! ), I Love To Say F--ck, Motherf--cker I Don't Care, and basically those are the better of the CD but the whole thing is magical. I just love the fact that they try to make a unique sound. If I ever lost this CD or someone took it, first I'd kill someone, then I'd go buy another copy and listen to the whole thing.