Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls review by Murderdolls

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
Murderdolls: Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls

The band is Horror/Glam Metal. A rare genre, but a great one none the less. The band is a side project and since finishing tours and the album they haven't spoken about releasing anything new, which is a real shame. The sound delivered on the album, how to describe it... fast, Heavy (But not too heavy) and f--ked. Joey Jordison (Of Slipknot fame) plays all the instruments on the album whilst Wednesday 13 (From the Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13, and his self titled band) sings. The pounding drums add a real energy and I guess shock to the album, they are fast paced and move the songs forward alot. The guitars all fit in nicely and they use pick scraping in basically every song, and it sounds awesome, they're like the good old days where people actually thought and cared about what they were going to play and it's not just some massive mix of distortion and blast beats. The solo's are nice, but nothing to flashy, but as said before fit in nice with everything else. I think they use a few synth sounds hear and there, and a few moaning sounds for the bonus track 'Let's f--k'. The album includes the video's for 'Dead In Hollywood' (Them performing surgery, or in a Mental Asylum or something), 'Love at First Fright' (Just a bunch of Concert Footage) and 'White Wedding' (The Murderdolls appear on the fictional TV Show Disposable Icon and rock the stage) I love their sound and just wish that they would come back together to make another album, or for just a reunion.

The lyrics have many influences, including self-harm (Slit My Wrist) to Horror Movies (Dead in Hollywood, B-Movie Scream Queen, Love at First Fright) to straight out f--king a whore (Let's f--k) even being Necropheliac Grave Robbing Aliens (Graverobbing USA), overall this offers a wide range for us to examine and listen to. They are rather interesting and funny to listen to sometimes. The Lyrics definitely fit in with the music, as in practically by the note. As for Wednesday, he has a great voice, not that wide a range but his 'screams' work so well and he just has a gift, ya know? Love it all.

It is practically a unique style so it is in my opinion better than most artists, but it's also really hard to explain. My favourite songs are 'Graverobbing USA', 'Crash Crash', 'B-Movie Scream Queen' and the Billy Idol cover 'White Wedding', but really I love them all. I love how it all sounds good, I could listen to every song 500 times and not get sick of them, also they are pretty fun to rock out to, and fun to play. I don't hate anything, 20 awesome songs and 3 great videos, it's awesome. If it were stolen or lost and bash the guy that stole it if I ever met him, and get it back, I've had a taste of the Murderdolls, and I'll always need my daily drink. Awesome album, it is top of the range and I suggest you buy it if you ever see it because it is getting more and more rare.

Emenius Sleepus
    The album was really generic, I thought. Sure, some songs are excellent, but there are way too many fillers. I guess the attitude counts for something though.
    mafoogles
    amazing album. i couldnt find it for like a year, and then yesterday i found it at a HMV and i was like "FUCK YEAH" ive listned to everysong on this album at least 50 times (i heard the whole album before i bought it)love it!
    thecurse123
    this is one of the best bands ever! i think its better than wednesday 13 solo stuff, even thoguh i love that
    murderdolls3434
    tripp was in dope before he left and then acey slade joined allso from dope nd joey plays drums and you didnt say about wednesday 13 and his previous bands and i dont see a comparisone to vemillion - not even close
    fendercobain87
    this whole album was good it was ****ing heavy and 197666 is a ****ing brutual track this is a album to have for ages.