Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls Review

Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Rap-Metal, Punk Metal
 Lyrics: 8.2
 9.3
Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls Reviewed by: Vampyre_Punk, on september 17, 2007

Sound: The band is Horror/Glam Metal. A rare genre, but a great one none the less. The band is a side project and since finishing tours and the album they haven't spoken about releasing anything new, which is a real shame. The sound delivered on the album, how to describe it... fast, Heavy (But not too heavy) and f--ked. Joey Jordison (Of Slipknot fame) plays all the instruments on the album whilst Wednesday 13 (From the Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13, and his self titled band) sings. The pounding drums add a real energy and I guess shock to the album, they are fast paced and move the songs forward alot. The guitars all fit in nicely and they use pick scraping in basically every song, and it sounds awesome, they're like the good old days where people actually thought and cared about what they were going to play and it's not just some massive mix of distortion and blast beats. The solo's are nice, but nothing to flashy, but as said before fit in nice with everything else. I think they use a few synth sounds hear and there, and a few moaning sounds for the bonus track 'Let's f--k'. The album includes the video's for 'Dead In Hollywood' (Them performing surgery, or in a Mental Asylum or something), 'Love at First Fright' (Just a bunch of Concert Footage) and 'White Wedding' (The Murderdolls appear on the fictional TV Show Disposable Icon and rock the stage) I love their sound and just wish that they would come back together to make another album, or for just a reunion. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics have many influences, including self-harm (Slit My Wrist) to Horror Movies (Dead in Hollywood, B-Movie Scream Queen, Love at First Fright) to straight out f--king a whore (Let's f--k) even being Necropheliac Grave Robbing Aliens (Graverobbing USA), overall this offers a wide range for us to examine and listen to. They are rather interesting and funny to listen to sometimes. The Lyrics definitely fit in with the music, as in practically by the note. As for Wednesday, he has a great voice, not that wide a range but his 'screams' work so well and he just has a gift, ya know? Love it all. // 10

Overall Impression: It is practically a unique style so it is in my opinion better than most artists, but it's also really hard to explain. My favourite songs are 'Graverobbing USA', 'Crash Crash', 'B-Movie Scream Queen' and the Billy Idol cover 'White Wedding', but really I love them all. I love how it all sounds good, I could listen to every song 500 times and not get sick of them, also they are pretty fun to rock out to, and fun to play. I don't hate anything, 20 awesome songs and 3 great videos, it's awesome. If it were stolen or lost and bash the guy that stole it if I ever met him, and get it back, I've had a taste of the Murderdolls, and I'll always need my daily drink. Awesome album, it is top of the range and I suggest you buy it if you ever see it because it is getting more and more rare. // 10

Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls Reviewed by: Spike6sic6, on october 13, 2003

Sound: Awesome CD! They are actually a metal-glam rock-punkish band. Lots of glam rock solos from both Joey Jordison and Acey Slades. Their riffs are heavy and cathcy. // 10

Lyrics: Most vulgar lyrics I've ever heard. Just listen to "Die my bride", "Motherf*cker I don't care" and "Kill miss america". If you don't really listen to lyrics then buy it. If you think lyrics are the important thing of a song,then don't even listen to it. The singer has a really cool voice and his voice fits with the lyrics. // 6

Overall Impression: This is their first CD and it's one of the best CDs I've ever listened to. All the song are catchy and heavy,from the vulgar insults in "Die my bride" to the nonsense lyrics in "Dawn of the dead". My favorite song is probably "Slit my wrist". What I hate about this album is it's lenght. When you get to the last song you want to listen to it once more. The day I bought it, I listened to it about 4 times in a row.I would definitely buy it again if it was stolen. This is a must have for any metal fans. I hope their next album is as good as this one. // 10

Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls Reviewed by: Kobrakai, on october 05, 2004

Sound: Even though Murderdolls is a side-project, it is one of the best bands I have ever heard. Created by Joey Jordison, the (then ex) Slipknot drummer, Murderdolls have a very guitar dependant sound. There are some great solos here from Joey, and the vocals, provided by Wednesday 13 are venomous to say the least. This man can scream anything and make it convincing. The drums are not quite so spectacular as they could have been if it was Jordison who was playing them, but if I were to measure a band in terms of that, no band would be quite good enough. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are ok, but not anything too special or groundbreaking. Wednesday 13 provides the lead vocals, with Joey and Tripp backing. There is quite a lot of variation-on-a-theme style lyrics in some of the songs. A good example is White Wedding. A fantastic song in it's own right, but some of the quieter parts such as "Hey, little sister, who's the only one, Hey little sister, who's your superman?" The songs don't suffer too much with this, but it's enough for them to just miss out on full marks. // 8

Overall Impression: When I put this album into my CD player I was blown away. The guitars, the drums, the vocals, the hate, the venom: it's all very powerful and makes for irresistable listening. My favourite songs on the album are "People Hate Me (I'm perfect, Pissed Off, Beautiful, I'm God", "White Wedding" and "Dressed to Depress". If this album was stolen I would definatly go out and buy it again. Either that or find the c**t who stole it/lost it and destroy him. // 10

Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls Reviewed by: cradleoffilth, on november 15, 2004

Sound: The sound is awesome on this CD. They have a special music style: it's like speed metal and classical music on the same album. How the drummer drums, so fast! I just love it. Joey Jordison and Trippeisen came from other awesome groups: Joey Jordison is guitar player at Slipknot and Tripp. plays with Static-X. If you want to buy a special album, buy Beyond the Valley of the Murderdolls! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very depressive, but they are pretty cool. Songs like Slit My Wrists an Grave Robbing USA are very fantastic. The singer has a rare voice, I like his voice-sound, but there are much better singers (Bon Jovi, Bon Scott) but then in a other genre. In Twisted Sister, one old childhoodsong 'Old Mcdonald Had A Farm' opens the song, That's great! // 8

Overall Impression: It compare's a little bit with the Vermillion-song of Slipknot. It has the same composer, that's not really rare then. I think the most impressive songs are: Slit My Wrist, 197666 and Love At First Fright, because they are very melodic. I love the drummer's skills on this album. If I lost it, I certainly buy a new one! // 8

Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls Reviewed by: sicmaggotchic13, on february 21, 2005

Sound: Murderdolls. Well the sound is hard to describe. It's basically metal-glam-punk rock-metal. That's it in a nutshell. The weird thing is there's only two people that recorded this album. Joey Jordison and Wednesday 13. Joey plays everything and Wednesday sings. If you don't understand how that works go ask someone. Joey's skills are amazing and Wednesday's voice is a perfect fit. The way he sings the songs just brings more of a uniqueness I guess you could say. Tripp Eisen who is now sadly, part of Static-X and no longer with Murderdolls plays some really good glam solos on here such as in Dead in Hollywood and none others come to mind, and Joey has some melodic solos that just go great with the songs like in Dawn of the Dead, he plays the solo and it's just really good sounding. // 10

Lyrics: Wednesday's voice is just mind blowing. It's got a punk-metal sound sorta. The lyrics are pretty good, fairly well put together although in some songs not too impressive such as Dead In Hollywood and Dawn Of The Dead even though they're both fantastic songs. The lyrics and the music are just one big happy family. They just work. No other way to put it. And when Wednesday's vocals come into the mix the whole theme of this album really comes together. // 8

Overall Impression: This I can honestly say does not compare to any other album or artists. There really isn't any other band like the Murderdolls. I think I might have heard some songs that may sound similar to their sound but can't quite put my finger on it. Some of the best songs on this CD would have to be Dawn of the Dead, Slit My Wrist, People Hate Me, White Wedding (Billy Idol cover! ), I Love To Say F--ck, Motherf--cker I Don't Care, and basically those are the better of the CD but the whole thing is magical. I just love the fact that they try to make a unique sound. If I ever lost this CD or someone took it, first I'd kill someone, then I'd go buy another copy and listen to the whole thing. // 10

Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls Reviewed by: Spade_SanosukeX, on january 05, 2006

Sound: The band was bringin out a glam metal type sound which wasnt that bad. I really don't know the story behind it besides the fact that the band is a side project and it's their first album. I remember that Tripp Eisen recorded in most of the album and left to work more with Static-X and they got Acey Slade. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics aren't really that bad. I just dont like the first tracks lyrics that much cause it sounds a little emo-ish and the band doesn't really have an emo image. Wednesday 13 is a really good singer is all I have to say. // 9

Overall Impression: It can compare to Slipknot, Dope and Static-X a bit. I think that Dead in Holleywood, 197666, Dawn of The Dead, Lets Go To War, Motherf--ker I Don't Care, Lets F--k, I Take Drugs and just about every other song is amazing (I got the German version which was kinda weird how I found it. Anyway it came with 5 extra tracks). I love everything about it but the emoish lyrics in the first song (Slit My Wrists). If it were stolen I'd hunt the person down and if it were lost Id buy it again. // 10

Comments