Women And Children Last review by Murderdolls

• Released: Aug 31, 2010
Murderdolls: Women And Children Last

Over 8 years, Wednesday 13 and Joey Jordison have reunited once again, but this time, with a much heavier vibe. The are still a few of their old horror punk songs, like "Summertime Suicide", but the majority of the songs on the album would be classified as metal, such as "Chapel Of Blood", and their single, "My Dark Place Alone". Women And Children Last is certainly a much more serious album, opposed to "Beyond the Valley Of The Murderdolls"-The Murderdolls' first and only album. This is evident as of the very first song "The World According To Revenge"-an eerie opener with the manic laughter of Wednesday 13 heard in the background. The guitarist of Mtley Cre, Mick Mars, can be heard on "Blood Stained Valentine" and "Drug Me To Hell".

Once again, due to their more serious approach, the lyrics are not as tongue-in-cheek, as their predecessor...but they are certainly not "dead" serious. Many of the songs still contain strong, aggressive, but humorous lyrics, which should please the Murderdolls fans worldwide. Wednesday's awesome, harsh voice works wonderfully with the music, as well.

Overall, the album is great, but for an old Murderdolls fan, this was not what I was expecting. When Joey said that the album would be heavier and darker, he wasn't kidding. All the B-Grade horror movie references aren't present in the songs, although as Wednesday says, "a couple of the songs on the new album could be in a horror movie", but lyrically, isn't about dating teenage zombies or grave-robbing. Nevertheless, the album is great. If anyone stole the disc, they wouldn't live to regret it. Each time I listen to the whole album, I like it more and more. Amazing.

Spreadsheet
    I liked this album. It's good cheezy fun. It's something not to take too seriously, and there are some good riffs on the album to play along to.
    KoRnOnA6String
    I like it so far. Not great, but listenable, especially compared to a lot of other recent releases. Also, anyone else recognise Metallica's 'No Remorse' in a part of 'Drug me to Hell' .. ? Just wondering if I'm tripping balls or not ;p
    HopeForTheWorst
    Tomo-J wrote: I kinda like this album, I don't know what all this hatin' is about. It wasn't that bad. I think it's decent for the most of the time. Anyway, if you consider this bad, than you probably haven't heard Linkin Park's "A Thousand Suns" yet, and you have no idea what "bad" is.
    +1000 This album was great in my opinion. Summertime Suicide,Chapel Of Blood, and My Dark Place Alone were awesome songs(Again...My Opinion) I Understand that everyone has their own opinion but please,If you don't like the band don't come here to talk shit about them. Grow up people, please.