Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
Muse: Absolution

The sound on this album is flat out incredible. They combine great lyrics that have a mysterious quality with fantastic bass lines and great guitar riffs. Matt's, Muse's frontman, voice fits every song perfectly. They bring together a new type of music, featuring an emo quality and at the same time the alternative genre that seems to be the most popular at this time.

The lyrics were very good. I liked how the lyrics flowed perfectly with the instruments. That is hard to come by now. Somehow, Muse does many things at once. While the bass is playing about 130 bpm, Matt is singing alot slower, but they pull it off to make a great song (Hysteria, track 8). Their singer is not the best, but then again, who is? I love this band.

They bring in a keyboard in some songs, which gives the song Time is Running out a Floyd like feel in some strange way to me. The most impressive songs from this album are Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, The Small Print, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, and Time Is Running Out. I would definitely buy this cd again if it was lost, even though it was 20 bucks.