Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Muse: Absolution

This is a pretty good CD for the open minded. If you're hardcore rocker you probably won't like it much. I bought this CD in a small store and on the way home it almost put my friend AJ and I to sleep. it's not all bad, though. The songs "Hysteria," "The Small Print," and "Thoughts Of A Dying Athiest" are really good. On the good songs the band sounds like a good mix of the Darkness and My Chemical Romance. On the bad ones they sound more like Ben Folds Five (and that means bad).

The lyrics are really good. They are thoughtful and expressive. The lead singer is really talented. This guy can hit some really high notes, but I guess that comes with being british. They really draw out the words on some of the songs (that can be bad and good).

I like 5 songs on this album. There are 14 in all. That means that there are nearly twice as many bad, slow, sleep inducing songs on this album. If you like your rock a bit soft then get; if you don't then stay away. If you get a chance to buy it on the cheap then you should get it. I know this is beside the point but if you like this band then check out the band Phantom Planet. You can read my review of it on this site.