Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
Muse: Absolution

Matthew Bellamy is a genius. I think most of the ideas for their music comes from him. His guitar playing is influenced by Jimi Hendrix and Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine). This band does what no other bands have done before. I heard from some people that this album is too commercial and radio-friendly. But it is not. They became more popular because of some other reasons. Maybe it's because of the way they play live. This is the best Muse album. The only bad track is Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist. Everything else is good.

You might think that some of their lyrics makes no sense. But all their songs are always very meaningful. It is very hard to tell what the song is about. I went to a muse fan site before and it has got all the meanings to the songs. I think The Small Print is about a book that Matt read. There are people who thought that Matt copied Thom Yorke's (Radiohead) vocal style. But Matt is a better singer than Thom. He's got a higher vocal range and he does the rock scream sometimes when playing live.

They are one of the best live bands ever. My favourite tracks in this album are Time Is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Falling Away With You, Hysteria, Butterflies And Hurricanes, and The Small Print. The other songs are also great. Their songs are not pretentious.