Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
Muse: Absolution

In general, you wouldn't need to push me too hard to listen to this album, seeing as I do enjoy giving Absolution a spin every now and then. These are talented guys who do indeed have the ability to make some pretty decent music. Catchy rhythms, clever guitar riffs, and inspirational melodies. Unfortunately, after listening to Absolution a couple times through, one can notice the similarness of the afore mentioned melodies. Also, originality is a factor that leaves me a little dissappointed. It's the curious similarity between Muse and Radiohead that is unavoidably found. Basically, at times I don't enjoy Belamy's vocals and get the feeling that he is trying to recreate Yorke's sound. It's off-putting to me, however I do get past it because I do enjoy Absolution. As I said before, these boys certainly do have talent and produced this overall enjoyable album.

My overall impression of the lyrics on Absolution is that they are pretty well thought out. I find that the lyrics match the music pretty spectacularly and that's where I give alot of respect to them. I also really enjoy the connection the songs seem to have with one another, however noticeable they are. Despite one or two cliches, I like to hold Belamy fairly high on my list of the talented writers of today.

Absolution is an album I'm glad to have in my collection, and it is one I would definately recommend to others. My favorite track would have to be Stockholm Syndrome for it's really inticing guitar riff along with it's intriguing vibe it gives off with it's effects and such. It's probably one of my favorite tunes. I really enjoy the flow between songs, and I might think about buying it again if I lost it. Considering that I have it on my computer, however, I would probably just burn another copy. Overall good album.