Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
Muse: Absolution

Well this is a mixture of origin of symmetry and showbiz really, combing the best bits of the two. It has a very hard rock yet progressive side to it in places. The intro leads nicely into apocalypse please which a great anthem proving you can rock with a piano! Then theres time is running out, a great straigh forward rock song, with a great bass line. Sing for absolution, ruled by secrecy and endlessly are the progressive slower songs on the album, which to me sound a bit boring after a while although endlessly has some great instrumentation in it. Among the hard rock highlights are stockholm sydrome, Hysteria, the small print and Thoughts of a dying aetheist. All great songs that simply rock. Among the slower song highlights is falling away with you, that song has simply one of the best guitar parts I've heard in a very long time. All in all this is defiently the best sounding muse album yet!

Singer skills? Your joking right this is Matt Bellamy we are talking about, possibly the best vocalist in rock, but having said that a lot of people will not like his voice, it may simply sound too opera-ish for some people. Personally I love it and am overly jealous! The melodies are great on this, some of the highlights are sing for absolution and time is running out with great vocal parts and falling away with you with a great melody. A great sounding voice with great lyrics, but as I said his voice is very soft and maybe not as rough as some people like!

In my opinion this is definetly the best muse album so far, great sounding songs and a great sounding vocalist and I would definetly buy this album again if it were lost/nicked. The one downside is not everyone will like this album if your into harder heavier stuff I doubt youll like it, but if your into rock in general this is a must!

eoiniscool
    Rush Song by A has an identical intro to Stockholm Syndrome. Download and compare!