Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
Muse: Absolution

I think that Muse have a very individual sound, and none of the songs on this album sound the same. Matt Bellamy's fantastic guitar solos and piano solos make this one of the best albums in the world, combined with the uniqueness and pitch range of his voice. I think that the way that a few songs on this album suddenly change into a different part (like after the piano solo on Butterflies and Hurricanes), makes Muse sound even more unique and better.

I feel that the lyrics on this album are fantastically written and work extremely well with the music. As I mentioned before, Matt Bellamy's amazing voice and vocal range make the lyrics suit the songs and mood even better. The way that the lyrics are written affects how well the overall song sounds, and Muse have managed to write them in such a way that the songs sound fantastic.

I can't compare this to any other albums or artists at all as it is so individual, it's just Muse, and no one else. The songs that impress me most on it are: Time Is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria and Butterflies And Hurricanes, these songs are so well written and they never get boring, even after playing them hundreds of times. I love Muse's style and this song shows it in it's best form. I'd buy this album again because it is such a great album.

Paul Lambeth
    eoiniscool wrote: Rush Song by A has an identical intro to Stockholm Syndrome. Download and compare!
    Similar-ish, but there's no harmonics in that one and .. it's just different. A few KILLER tracks on this album. One of their best - strange effects on Butterflies and Hurricanes mixed with the epic Apocalypse please, and one of the greatest bass lines to rock out to I know - Hysteria. Superb!
    Cheezy
    I think this album is awesome, but still prefer Origin of symmetry. I think stockholm syndrome, the small print and thougghts of a dying atheist are the best here. I think time is running out can be a bit poppy but its still good. Great album, id give it a 8.5-9 out of 10
    MadLordWinder
    I would write a review, but everyone else who already did have the right idea. This has to be my favorite album, no joke. It's really that good, Muse is my favorite band, and this album is (maybe) better than most of their stuff. Another thing I love about them is that their songs are consistently good, and the don't have to resort to filler songs. 10/10 for me, but really it depends on your taste. Like good classical music, it is beautiful if you give it a chance.