Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
Muse: Absolution

No can do music better than Muse. How is it possible that three ordinary humans armed only with a drum kit, a bass, a guitar and a piano can produce some of the greatest music the world has ever seen? The three members have complete mastery over their respective instruments, with Matt Bellamy's exquisite voice soaring over it all to create Muse's own, special brand of apocalyptic epic rock. This album is my personal favourite of theirs, and it is incredible from start to finish. Pounding drums (Apocalypse Please), insanely good bass riffs (Time Is Running Out and Hysteria), incredible classical skills on the piano (Butterflies and Hurricanes), even better guitar skills (Stockholm Syndrome) and the best singing I've ever heard (Blackout) all add up to a masterpiece.

Matt Bellamy is quite simply the best singer I've ever heard, even better than Freddie Mercury in my opinion. He has an enormous range, and has Chris Wolstenholme to help out with the backing vocals. The lyrics themselves are a lot more meaningful than those on the previous three Muse albums (Showbiz, Origin Of Symmetry and Hullabaloo), and use as their subject matter mainly the end of things, such as relationships (Endlessly), life (Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist) and the world (Apocalypse Please). Some of the most anthemic lyrics I've ever heard are those in the chorus of Butterflies And Hurricanes: "Best, you've got to be the best, you've got to change the world, and use this chance to be heard, your time is now." Admittedly, there are songs where the lyrics are just words that fit to the tune of the song (The Small Print)), but this makes little difference.

This album has to be my favourite bar non, as it is Muse's best, and in my opinion, they are the best group ever. Its apocalyptic subject matter and music suits me just fine, and makes for some of the most epic rock ever seen. And it's not even a concept album! The best songs from the album have to include Time Is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Blackout and Butterflies And Hurricanes. In my opinion the quality drops minutely after Butterflies And Hurricanes, but the genius of Muse still remains. One of the best albums ever to grace this planet.

That-Funny-Guy
    eoiniscool wrote: Rush Song by A has an identical intro to Stockholm Syndrome. Download and compare!
    listened to it not even close...r-tard
    h3llang3l
    Brillient Album! Not OK Computer, but very close indeed! V Close to musical perfection!