Absolution review by Muse

• Released: Sep 22, 2003
Muse: Absolution

Muse pushed the boundaries of music in their album Absolution. The amazingly talanted Matt Bellamy, using his classical music background, brought an amazing twist to the album by bringing the classical into rock, especially heard in 'Butterflies and Hurricanes' with the piano solo in the middle of the song. His piano playing is exceptional but his guitar playing has hit the mark to make him hailed is one of the great guitar heroes of the 21st century. The superb guitar riffs like in 'Hysteria' and 'Stockholm Syndrome' are examples of his unbelievable guitar playing. As well as bringing loud and metally music into the album Muse have also added emotional and heart warming music to Absolution such as 'Blackout' and 'Ruled by secrecy' which makes the album even more interesting. I think that this band always leave mind blown with their music but this album made them even more worth knowing about.

The beautifully written lyrics of this album have made the overall mood of the music make it unique, because of the unusual way of giving their impression of the song you're listening to. In 'Sing for absolution', absolution meaning escaping consequences of sins, they haunt you with the words of the song such as 'sing for absolution, I will be singing' because of the emotion in Matthew Bellamy's voice you can hear. The singing of skills of Matt are amazing and his voice can be soft and calming such as in 'Blackout' or it can be stronger such as in 'Stockholm Syndrome'. His voice fits the mood of all the songs on the album and all of the songs they have ever done.

This album is unique. Muse does have their own sound and I don't think they compare to any other band in terms of the soulfully written lyrics and the skillful intrument playing. The most impressive songs of the album I think are all of them because of the way they flow and the way the music doesn't hold back. I love the complecated guitar riffs and piano riffs which have made this an album worth buying. And I would never want to lose track of any of the Muse albums or I would have to go out and buy them again. Absolution will leave you in goosebumps.

Shoj_
    This is still my favorite album, and has been for a long time. I'd review it, but I'm worried it'd be biased, lol. Every song is just great.
    El_Nerdo_Loco
    newborn_muse wrote: i have 5 hours of muse music and they are the most influential , futuristic sounding band in the world by far. can't wait for the new album , july 3rd got it preordered
    i can't agree more with you I have all their albums including their new one they always blow my mind.