Black Holes & Revelations review by Muse

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
Muse: Black Holes & Revelations

The sound. The sound, the sound, the sound.Its hard to describe something as good as this. It isn't unstopablely brilliant like Absolution but it is great. I'll call it scarily good if it wasn't Muse. What I mean is we have too high expectations of Muse and this followed Absolution. So much preassure was on the band to produce something amazing, an album that every man woman and child would buy. They didn't. They made an album that everybody that isnt an Ibiza and dance music mad person would buy. Maybe I should review the album now. Amazing. Plenty of distortion and I like that. Assasin is an amazing song and so is Starlight. Neither are as good as Exo-Politics or Supermassive Black Hole, but to me Knight Of Cydonia is the best on the CD.

Lyrics are brilliant again. This is where the album and Muse for that matter shine. "Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars slipped into the supermassive". And that's ony the backing vocals." No one's gonna take me alive. The time has come to make things right. You and I must fight for our rights. You and I must fight to survive." Brilliant.

Overall, great, love it but not there best, Absolution is. Most impressive song, Knights Of Cydonia. I love everything about this album but not as much as Absolution. I have to say I think that if this came out before Absolution it would be the other way round, and we would say Absolution wasn't as good as this.

Pundog
    Went from never (knowingly) hearing a Muse song to owning this album in 10 minutes, great album, 10/10. As for the whole Radiohead thing, Radiohead and Muse have a pretty similar sound, albeit Muse is a little heavier, so comparing this album to OK computer isn't a stretch. That said, OK Computer takes BHaR out back and beats it around for a good 10 minutes.