Black Holes & Revelations review by Muse

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Muse: Black Holes & Revelations

I'm going to make this plain and simple, this was a disapointing turn in the bands career. I did not like the electronic sound that they have taken a liking to. It seemes to me they were making an attempt to fuse rock with a new age main stream style of music and although that seems like a good idea in theroy, I'm not convinced that it was such a good idea in practise. I feel that they should have progessed on there prior sounds rather then attempting to take on a new style, Absolution and Origion of Symmetry were both fan-f--king-tastic! However like Showbiz, Black Holes and Revelations just seemed like it wasn't muse at all, if you get what I'm trying to say.

Although this album was pretty bad it was not completely unbarable. I must admit that knights of cydonia, city of delusion, exo-polotics and hoodoo were ok I'd give all those songs accumatively 7/10 at best. I think that these songs were the only to highlight from that album. This being because they actually seemed like they had some kind of structure to the, and by structure I mean they make sence and I have to highlight hoodoo from this album I actually thought that wasn't too bad, very strong powerfull lyrics and vocal techniquies. I really have to also point out that supermassive black hole has to be the worst song they have ever pulled out of there arse it was just 5 mins of random words and super high pitched whining.

I was over all very dispointed in the effort that Muse had put into this album, If you're and Absolution and Origion of symettry fan I strongly advice you to never touch this album as it may make feel as if Muse are now tainted and you may never feel the same way about them again. I know that's how I certaintly feel about them. I really hope to god with all my heart that the next album will blow me away and I will once again be proud to say I am a muse fan.

RockzKudaime
    It was a message for Mattew Bellamy. First I wanna say let's come to my country. My country is Indonesia. One of Indonesian Best Young Wowan Guitaris and My Idol too was love you. Hope you can come here for her and may be play guitar with her. Her Name was CAMERIA HAPPY PRAMITA or Mita from Band "The Rock Indonesia", "The Virgin", and "V-MAIL". Almost EveryOne in Indonesia Knew about her. Or You can ask about Republik Cinta Management (RCM). She was an artist from there. Hope You can see her because she was really inspirate by you and very-very love you. Thanks before for Reading This Complicated Things.
    Bozjoarmstrong
    [quote]Frusciante30 : Meh. They're overrarted/quote] says someone who names themselves after a guitarist who is largely overshadowed by a bassist... and I love the Chillis... Muse are in a league of their own, as good as Radiohead are, nothing can compare to Muse at the moment, I honestly believe they are the best band on the planet.