H.A.A.R.P.: Live At Wembley [DVD] review by Muse

• Released: Mar 17, 2008
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 9
Muse: H.A.A.R.P.: Live At Wembley [DVD]

To start off, HAARP is one of the best DVDs that iv seen. The opening containing the classical theme is EPIC. Yet it is missing certain sounds in the concert. To begin with, the bass. you can barely make out the riff from hysteria, a song with one of the greatest bass riffs ever. The audience sees this too as they take a moment to cheer. And super massive black whole was done poorly by Matt. Apart from that, the playing is impressive all around, especially by the drummer, Dominic Howard, who doesn't miss even a beat. It's upsetting to see that "Bliss" wasn't included in the song lineup. Overall, the sound by this incredible group is at a relative high.

Content — 7
The content to HAARP is poor, sadly. The "gallery", has only a few photos of the performance, but is a nice touch. The DVD is of muse live at Wembley stadium June 17th and contains the whole powerful performance. Whereas the CD contains a selection of songs from their June 16th performance. It is sad that plug in baby wasn't included in the CD, as it is one of their bigger songs, yet it leaves the DVD to be looked forward to. It is sad also that a making of section or muse interview isn't included in a special features section.

Production Quality — 9
The production quality of HAARP is incredible. The opening of the DVD uses an effect that has everything in black and white but keeps in the red of Matt's suit and the green of Dom's pants, drawing you're eyes to the performers. This trick is used to create an authentic portrayal of the show as changing point in history. The lighting at the show is brilliant, spanning every colour you can think of, and flashing in time with the music. The clarity is picture perfect also the use of camera fade is taken advantage of to flow images into each other fluently.

HAARP is a wicked production and competes with the best of any artists albums and dvds. The sad thing is, though, that Muse didn't go above and beyond to make the production "perfect". If I lost this cd, I would buy another unless muse put out another live DVD album.

Galfadez
    The moment Matt screams plug in baby and the camera starts shaking is probably the greatest moment I've ever experienced looking at a television screen
    musenath
    they should have put the whole two performances onto the cd and dvd instead of cutting out some songs
    Mr_Jones
    Phoenix_24Leas wrote: AEnima18 wrote: High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program - HAARP good ol' wikipedia ...where's the F?
    H.F.A.A.R.P. just doesnt sound as good, now does it??
    pingpong89
    this is an amazing performance, ive watched the dvd so many times and it gets better each time you show it to someone who hasnt seen it before. Personally i think this performance of Blackout is the best muse song ive ever seen or heard, it just gives me chills when he cranks up the fuzz or whatever it is right before the solo love it!
    FinderofNemo
    Awesome show but the fact that theres like three songs from the performance not on there just makes me pissed.
    ballflesh
    I Know they Played Citizen Erased at wembly so.....WHY THE FUCK DONT THEY EVER PUT IT ON THE DVDS!! but everything else just marvolous
    mattiwillohouse
    sneaky11 wrote: haha muse, what a joke. They are only famous cause their best song "Hysteria" is named after the Def Leppard song, Hysteria, which may in fact be the best song ever
    You sir, are an idiot. I bite my thumb at thee. This DVD is 10/10, the CD is 9.9/10 because I'm still pissed they didn't put Plug in Baby on there. Otherwise this is the best live music CD or DVD ever made, and that includes Guns N Roses Illusion Tour. quite simply, buy it..