Hullabaloo review by Muse

• Released: Jun 4, 2002
Muse: Hullabaloo

This offering from - in my opinion - one of the greatest modern bands, for obvious reasons, comes both as a cd and a dvd version, each one offering something to make it worth getting both. Anyway, getting more to the point, the sound, especially on the dvd package is, I daresay, better than on record. Which just goes out to show how good they are, since the studio efforts are fantastic in their own right. Drawing influence from bands like Queen, Nirvana and to an extent from Rage Against The Machine, coupled with each member's respective talent on their instruments, this is a must'have for all Muse fans - and just fans of good ol' rock'n'roll.

What can I say? Just bloody brilliant stuff.

You can't really compare Muse to anything... they are definitely in a league of their own. And this is the best live recording I had a chance to see in a long time - considering that they cut it great in the studio, and the live performance is better than the studio stuff. The CD lacks some classics that have been included on the dvd (and there is definitely enough space to put those songs on), but it also has the B'sides disc that shows the, perhaps, weirder-yet-familiar side of the band. Highly suggest to save up and get both. You won't be sorry.