Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

This album has one of the more unique sounds I have heard in a long time. Loads of effects are used to make even the simplest riffs sound "out of this world". A statement that I reckon sums up the whole album. Plug in baby riff is a standout but nearly every song progresses from the previous starting with the awesome newborn. Matt Bellamy contrasts piano and crashing guitar riffs such as in Citizen Erased to amazing effect. By far the most unique sounding Muse album so far.

Lyrics are perhaps the only part of this album I can find any fault with. They are a bit too lightweight in songs like Screenager but on the whole they are fine. Bellamy's voice is great, it may not be to evryones liking but I reckon the way he has the balls (or lack of) to sing those amazing high notes like in the awesome Micro Cuts makes the album stand out from the crowd.

If you are one of the few poeple that do not own this album, go out and buy it now even if the record stores are charging a rip off price. It is one of those rare albums that will stay in your cd player for months. I definitely would buy it again if somebody nicked it.