Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

Perhaps the best album in the world - this is common knowledge among all those who own this and don't own californication - although most RHCP nuts also like muse, so its not a fighting matter, calm down! The sound on this album is rather hard to describe. It's more a collection of vastly different songs that somehow all fit. There's the long, disquieting and melodic screenager, the bizarre cyber-riff in plug in baby, and the vast operatic and heavy citizen erased. Matt Bellamy's voice and guitar does dominate the record, which is no bad thing, as he is the best singer in rock at the minute (even if the falsetto annoys some people) and by far and away one of the most expressive guitarists - when he plays something, you feel what he's trying to convey. The drums are fantastic (I'm not a drummer, but my bandmate agrees here) and chris (the bassist) is accepted as an amazing bassist by all except metalheads. However, the way the sound Comes Together is what makes this album special. Muse are a band that have the combined ability to do what other bands only wish they could do.

The lyrics are deep, intelligent and incredibly passionate - not just some light fodder for the mind. This depth can put people off, but it's the reason muse could never be a pop band - they love music too much. They understand how much it's about emotion. Matt bellamy's voice is amazing. Literally amazing. Dont listen to time is running out if you want to here the full range of his voice, buy this album.

It isn't comparable to any other album in the world - this is a unique album. Nothing like it will ever be made again, or has been before. The most impressive song for me on this album is citzen erased - there's something about it that just makes you feel every note. It makes shivers run up and down my spine every time I hear it. If this album were stolen I couldnt find fault with the taste of the person who stole it. But I'd still kill him and get it back. My personal "Best album ever", and that of everyone I know who owns it, except one. And they own californication - and think it's equally as good.