Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

I have to say, Origin of Symmetry is an amazing tour-de-force of all that is alternative rock. The CD starts off with the excellent 'Newborn', with a piano riff and awesome guitar riffing, then moves into the astounding 'Bliss'. 'Space Dementia' comes next, combining Matthew Bellamy's awe-inspiring vocals with his piano skills (which are 1337 and awesome). Next comes Hyper Music, a suprisingly angry sounding song, and after that the Album's signature track, 'Plug In Baby', with it's memorable and space-age riff. Then comes 'Citizen Erased', my favorite track on the CD, 7 minutes long approx. and with a killer guitar riff mized with excellent high and low vocals and awesome bass/drumming/piano work. Then there is 'Microcuts' (lotso male falsetto singing here), 'Screenager', which is very weird sounding but cool, 'Darkshines', a mexican sounding song, 'Feeling Good', a cover excellently done, and finally, 'Megalomania', a piano piece that draws this astounding album to a close. Also, on the japanese version, there is the killer 'Futurism' which has a pluginbaby style space riff. All in all, excellent.

Matthew Bellamy is an excellent singer, with an amazing vocal range. The lyrics never fail to impress, espiacally in Citizen Erased. The range of emotions displayed in the album's songs are very good.

It is one of the best albums. Ever. Buy it, or fail ultimately. Citizen Erased, Newborn, Bliss, Plug in Baby, Space Dementia, Screenager, Hyper Music, and Megalomania are all excellent. The other two are also very good. I love this album. I hate nothing about it. If it were stolen, I would hunt down the thief and make sure he gets his just desserts.