Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

First impressions eh well its new born and damn good first impression it makes too, great singing and piano parts and when the guitar kicks in great guitar too. It pretty much sets the album up that song as to what to expefct from the other songs. Matt really can sing and play piano and he really shows off on this record, infact his guitar is damn good aswell. The bass also plays quite a big roll in this ablum too, chris is a really good bassist who fits it into the music perfectly! One bad thing I really hate the piano-y vocal type songs like Space Dementia and Meglomania, I'm also not a big fan of some of the other heavier stuff on this album like Citizens Erased and Hyper Music, it just seems to almost oprah like, but the dislike quickly fades when you hear songs like Bliss, Plug In Baby and Darkshines!

Singing! The guys got to be one of the best vocalists currently in rock! The melody and everything is excellent albeit a bit borinmg at times but excellent all the same! I'm not really a big fan of the lyrics on this album compared to others they seem to have a meaning and understanding which you have to really search for, but that could be because I'm too drawn into the music to care about the lyrics. But Bliss is certainly a song with an easy meaning and great lyrics.

This album in my opinion isnt as good as other muse albums infact I would recommend just downloading the good tracks off this album (Bliss, Plug In Baby, New Born, Feeling Good etc.) if your only into rock music, because a lot of the arranements on this album rock fans probably wont appreciate. Having said that this is till a great album but only because of the main songs mentioned before although Darkshines is a bit of a hidden gem on the album. All in all not as good as other albums, but still a great album, personally I would just buy Absolution if you want great Muse!