Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

Simply put, this recording is brilliant. The chord progressions and grooves are great. The bass has a nice, dirty growl for some of the songs that just screams awesome. The guitars are just at the right level to not be overpowering. The vocals cut though cleary and are intelligible. Matthew Bellamy shows guitar and keyboard composing that could only be regarded at least to be flawless.

Each song is topped off with fantastic lyrics. Enough said. Matthew Bellamy really tied the lyrics to the emotions that each song produce.

I would consider this to be Muse's greatest album. Absolution may be the album that got them recognized, but his album is a must have for anyone who enjoys Muse. My personal favorites on the album would be "Bliss", which opens with a very Phillip-Glass-sounding synth intro that rips into a sweet groove, and the song "Screenager" which has some excellent classical guitar work with some bone chilling progressions. If this album was stolen, I wouldn't hesitate to go out and buy it again.