Origin Of Symmetry review by Muse

• Released: Jun 18, 2001
Muse: Origin Of Symmetry

Totally epic. Every muse album is a definite 10. This band will definitely be the next big thing. Seriously. They might be the next Led Zep or Queen. They keep getting bigger and better. Totally different from the first album. Muse is Queen meets Rage Against The Machine meets classical music meets Jimi Hendrix. Lots of extremely cool riffs. For those who said that this band has sold out, they are dead wrong. Maverick Records wanted them to remove the falsetto so that their songs would be more radio friendly. But they didn't. They are also one of the greatest live bands there is right now. Matt can really jump around without making mistakes on his guitar. And he improvise a lot on stage.

This album is mostly about the far away future. Matt's voice is quite annoying at first. But once you get used to it, you'll love it.

I'll give a 10 or 9 out of ten if think its a classic. 'Cause I'm more into that kinda stuff. But frankly speaking, all the songs in this album is perfect. I never skip any tracks when I listen to this album. 01. New Born - really big starting song. it starts off with really quiet piano sounds. I thought it was gonna be another slow piano song until I heard the crazy riff. extremely cool. made me want to jump around with my air guitar and bop my head like mad. 02. Bliss - very beautiful song. Simple but very good. 03. Space Dementia - a dark song. Great piano skills. 04. Hypermusic - this one totally rocks out. Fast paced song. The vocals in this song is amazing. 05. Plug In Baby - very catchy riff that will really stick in your head. Happy song. 06. Citizen Erased - this one is an epic song. Considered by many Muse fans to be one of their best songs. This song is played on a 7 string guitar. 07. Micro Cuts - you have to listen for yourself. there was a big suprise for me at the end. No spoilers for you. Totally unpredictable. It is the ending part that made me listen to the song over and over again. I love the whole song. 08. Screenager - I like the classical guitar in this song. Beautiful. 09. Darkshines 10. Feeling Good - a real feel good song. This is a cover. There's a really cool vocal solo somewhere at the end. 11. Megalomania.